Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Last week we had a coaching clinic with some kids from Claremore. Coach  Barkley, Coach Blankenship, Joey, Alex, Trevor, and myself all were apart of the coaching clinic for the kids. We all enjoy helping the young athletes develop their game and help them become the best athletes that they can become. I truly unjoy working with children because they are so full of energy and they keep you on your feet the entire time.  This was Trevor and I first coaching clinic here in Claremore but Joey and Alex has done it before. Total this is my third one I have been apart of and each time I learned something new as well as the kids. I have done a basketball camp back home in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, I have done coaching clinic for special need kids in Wyoming which was one of the best programs I have ever been apart of. Those kids are truly special in everyway. I had so much fun laughing and playing with them and I  just really enjoyed the time I spent with them. I really believe that being an athlete is more than just playing in games when the lights come on, its about doing the little things like helping kids, participating in basketball camps and coaching clinics, being apart of the community, and most important being a role model for the people that look up to you. There are many more but those are just a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment